Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Pope on a rope

Have you ever heard people go on & on about Satanists & devil worship & how cultists killed their cats & kidnapped a baby & drank it's blood last Halloween? Have you ever seen daytime TV talk shows blither on & on about Satanic cults & how they turn teenagers into evil robots, how Satanic heavy-metal lyrics inspired two dumbshit dropouts to kill themselves?

I've never seen anything like that, & I've investigated the subject more thoroughly than 1,000 Geraldos. But I'm not going to bore you all with my personal philosophy. Let's just compare, for the sake of argument, the Catholic Church with the Church of Satan (neither of which, I'm proud to say, I'm a member of)...

There are no, repeat NO cases of bona fide "Satanists" harming animals or people during their "Black Masses". The Church of Satan's rituals are a bit over the top, but only in the sense that they're heavy on the theater. Conversely, there are several rape/child-abuse cases still pending against Catholic priests.

The Catholic Church openly condemns abortion, homosexuality, birth-control & euthansia...& no exceptions, people! The Church of Satan openly condems organizations that enforce strict dogma.

The new pope, God's earthly representative, was in the Hitler Youth. Anton LaVey left home to play the organ at a carnival.

I could go on & on but I've learned, though bitter experience, that no one wants to hear this. If you've read this far, you've heard more about it than anyone I've tried to explain it to. Does it really sound that crazy?

To me, an elderly resident of a Church-State who lives his life literally protected from the world by palace guards, & who weilds influence over millions of poverty-stricken families with arcane rituals conducted in gargantuan cathedrals literally made of gold, & who is literally believed to be fucking infallible!!! If he says up is down, up is down, baby!.....THAT sounds crazy to me.

Some guys up in the Bay area want to wear black & fuck with people's minds by lighting incense in front of a drawing of a goat's head, & they're the lunatics? Well call me crazy, people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home