Wednesday, October 13, 2004

...and if those...Bar Wars should ever end...

It's no secret that I'm a huge Star Wars nerd. When people claim to share my geekish obsession, I ask them a few simple questions that easily weeds out any impostors:
1) How fast could the Milenium Falcon complete the Kessle Run?
2) Name two Bounty Hunters BESIDES Boba Fett (no, Greedo doesn't count).
3) What did Jabba intend Han, Luke & Chewie's method of execution to be?

If they can't answer those questions, they probably only saw the trilogy a few times, which I can't relate to. It's funny, sometimes to annoy my girlfriend I start reciting one of the episodes. That always goes over great. Now, as for the "new" episodes, the jury's still out as far as I'm concerned. Maybe they'll grow on me. I've only watched them like, 5 or 6 times each. I liked Qui-Gon's little Zen quips in Episode 1, those helped carry the movie. They just seem so child-friendly. I guess even Lucas has bills to pay.

2 Comments:

Blogger thebigo said...

in response to your elementary criterion for what constitutes an avid star wars fan, I submit the following answers:

1) The Millenium Falcon ran the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs.

2) Dengar, Zuckuss, Bossk, IG-88

3) Jabba wanted to drop them all into the monster pit, before his plans were so valiantly thwarted.

Dude, please. These questions, please. Dude, the new trailer is showing before THE INCREDIBLES, I haven't seen it yet, but you can bet your wookie ass I will as soon as I get paid.

ps-1) What was the name of the bounty hunter Princess Leia posed as when entering Jabba's palace?

2) What is the name of the dude in Return of the Jedi with the white face that has the long braid, but it's not a braid, it's like a snake, but it's his white skin from his head, he's always with Jabba, anyways, what's his name?

3) In Empire, which hand is cut off from Luke-his right or left?

12:27 AM  
Blogger I. P. Frehley said...

First I should point out that the "monster pit" went by the more ominous nomenclature of the Sarlaac pit. But good call on those extra bounty hunters.
1) Boussch
2) Bib Fortuna
3) Right hand...I think. His lightsaber-holding hand, right? If I'm wrong it's because I meant MY right, not Luke's right. You know how when you look in a mirror & it's opposite? Right, left...right, left...right...right...left. Kinda tricky, eh.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home