Sunday, October 10, 2004

archie bunker's revenge

Washed my truck today @ the place on Santa Monica & Cahuenga, but forgot to clean & dry my towels since last time so they were all mildewed, & I had to buy those stupid fucking paper towels out of those dispensers. Costs a little more but the equipment works fine & the change machines work. Tried out the "scratch remover" that I bought last week, I guess it worked ok. It's annoying how many little nicks & dings you can get living in the "big city". I guess it beats having to pry a deer out of your radiator grill. This may not make me any new friends, but I'm going to go on record with a sweeping generalization that seems to be holding true: people from El Salvador can't drive. There's a stretch along Santa Monica Blvd in Hollywood that goes through a Salvadoran neighborhood & those fools just can't get it together when they're on the damn road. My theory is that they just don't have that many cars down there, what with it being a third-world nation. So put 'em behind the wheel in a crowded part of town & watch mayhem ensue. In all fairness, it's a pretty small neighborhood that would have congested streets no matter who lived there but COME ON, PEOPLE! It's a fucking obstacle course.

So, they made a "Daredevil" movie, & the Kingpin was played by a black actor (that giant dude from "The Green Mile"), which was kind of an interesting twist, I guess. Now they're remaking "Kojak", & the title character will be played by a black actor (Ving Rhames). They're also making a movie out of "The Honeymooners" starring Cedric the Entertainer. The Wayans Brothers are remaking "The Munsters". Not that I watch 'em, but I heard that the MTV Awards looked like the Source Awards. I know I must sound like a total racist but COME ON, PEOPLE! It just doesn't make sense.

While I'm on this politically-incorrect tangent, I work in an entertainment-industry related field, I'm sorry to say, & a few weeks ago all these Jewish holidays started popping up. There was one day when anybody who was Jewish had to be home by sundown & stay home the next day, I guess they couldn't turn the TV on or drive a car or whatever. Is that "Yom Kippur"? That sounds like an Israeli FM talk radio host: "Yom Kippur here, taking you to traffic at the top of the hour." Also I understand that they can turn the TV on the night before & that way they can finnagle around the rules. Very convenient. I guess there's a way to justify anything. Anyways that one day there was like, no one at work, apparently all the bosses are Jewish. And I guess all the hard-asses that work in the industry are Jewish too because it the mellowest, most easy-going day at work I think I've ever had. Next year sometime I should be moving into a different line of work, I'm trying to get into the private investigation business, & I wonder if it'll be the same then. Probably not, I think this is just one business where Jewish holidays are just a fact of life. Yuck. It's funny because I used to take that Krav Maga, you know, what they supposedly teach the Isreali Commandos or Mossad or whatever. Sheesh, gimme a break! Some advice if you ever go toe-to-toe with an Israeli soldier: fight dirty & protect your groin. Plus the classes consisted of two groups: total posers & total assholes. People either checking themselves out in the mirrors the whole time, or trying to convince the rest of the class that they were bad-ass mother-fuckers. Can you imagine, once they made us work out while they played Britney Spears! I mean, COME ON, PEOPLE! What in thee hell?!


21jkfc
77777 <------that was courtesy of my girlfriend's cat, & is as good a closing statement on the subject as I can think of.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home