Sunday, June 04, 2006

Blah blah blah, etc

Ok, so I'm back. I read John LeCarre's "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy", "The Honourable Schoolboy", & "Smiley's People" over the course of 40 lunch-breaks & now I have nothing to read except my fishing magazines & the occasional hot rod magazine. Rat rods rule. I'm starting the South Beach Diet tomorrow, which ought to be good for laughs. I went to see Hank III (that's Hank Williams' grandson, people!) at the Anheim House of Blues last night. It was pretty crazy.

Well I was starting to feel despondent after finishing le Carre's "Smiley Trilogy" & having read every issue of Peter Bagge's "Hate", including the Hate Jamboree that pretty much wraps up the series for good. And then, just in time, I stumbled across the re-issue of the Weird-Ohs. They're these goofy models of goofy monsters driving goofy hot rods. Ought to keep me busy for a while, especially since I haven't built a model since I was a kid in short pants.

But here's the real news, & another big part of why I haven't graced the internet with my disjointed ramblings lately...I moved! I told my stinky, stuck-up, simpleton roomies to blow it out their tailpipe & hit the road. My girlfriend was nice enough to take me in while a scrounged together 1st & last, & now I'm out of Downtown & into Koreatown. I'll try to put some fotos up if I can ever figure out how to do that. It's a tiny-ass place but it feels like a penthouse, what with the windows (didn't have any of those at the old place), the fully functional bathroom (roommates tried to remodel the old bathroom & gave up halfway), the complete lack of cat, dog, & turtle droppings (use your imagination on that one). I'm not even going to touch on the interminable procession of cars & motorcycles the roomies were going to "fix up" & take to the salt-flats for a chance at the land-speed record. I have news for them & all other would-be automotive aficionados...the first step towards the land-speed record is getting the damn thing running, not carving a "gnarly-looking" headlight mount out of discarded fiberglass.

Anyways, I'm also back on the job-hunt. Had a decent interview the other day & hope to get hired somewhere before flipping out & going Kool-Aid Man at the office. I know, I know, after all that bitching I'm doing the whole thing all over again. What can I say?

1 Comments:

Blogger thebigo said...

Building a model, eh? Why am I reminded of that DARE commerical about that kid who huffed too much model glue? And how dare you. Gnarly looking headlights are the key element to breaking any automotive record.

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home