Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Meanwhile...

It’s been a while! Let’s see…what’s been happening?

I stayed on the South Beach Diet (well, stayed as close as I could) & lost approx 35 lbs. I suspect most of that was due to my no longer eating fast food 2-3 times a day. Oh yeah, & I finally got my ass into a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu class. So I’m bruised & sore but happy about it. I was gonna make a whole ‘nother blog about my training but it would be pretty repetitive. If I ever make it into a competition (next year maybe) I’ll be sure to give all the gory details. Right now I’m just happy to not puke after class.

I’m going to the fucking dentist next week, for the first time since who-knows-when. I think L.A. still had a football team last time I went.

I hadn’t updated this jaunty journal for a few moons, & was ready to scrap the whole thing. The way I figured, all I was doing was the literary equivalent of doodling on a piece of scrap paper. Then, for some stupid reason, I stumbled across the blog of a childhood friend, now living in the Bay Area & working in the music industry in some vague capacity. I was astonished to see that this fellow was keeping a blog, since my recollection was of him barely being able to write his name in the dirt with a stick. And I thought to myself, “Surely, if this is the crap floating around the toilet, there’s no harm in me adding to the mess.” Sadly, it’s the same kind of thinking that allowed Bill O’Reilly to get his own show. Truth be told, I’d rather just keep a journal for myself, but this is easier.

I think my truck needs new fuel injectors (or 02 sensor maybe?) She’s running rough & seems to have less power. I make my last car payment in a month. That’ll be something.

Oh yeah, & I finally got something to read! I picked up the complete Sherlock Holmes, parts 1&2. It doesn’t get much better than that. Oddly enough, I had just re-read (well, more like re-perused) the first story (“A Study in Scarlet”), so I felt like I had hit the ground running when I jumped into “The Sign of Four”. I also snagged the second NY Times Monday thru Friday crossword book. By the time I hit Thursday or even Wednesday I start to feel dumb but for me, finishing a crossword is one of life’s little joys.

I’m here at work writing this & this modern-day confederacy of dunces is planning how they’ll spend the money they win on tonight’s super-lotto. Truth be told, I wish they would go ahead & win already. That way they could quit their jobs here & be out of my life. It’s been a long journey from hanging out on Burnside to sitting on my arse in a cubicle. My birthday present to myself will be a new job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home